Courage of a Lion | Ep. 012
In today’s episode, I visit with a special guest of mine who has the courage of a lion. This individual spent most of the past 20 years in the insurance business working behind the scenes as an account manager supporting sales before recently deciding to be a commission-based sales producer.
We going to learn today how my guest pulled this off and what that transition to sales was like.
Kim Smith, Welcome to the Show!
- So what made you decide to take the leap into commission-based sales?
- What is the Day in the Life of an insurance sales producer like?
- How is it different than insurance account management?
- They say women are better salespeople. What do you think?
- You’ve met with quite a splash in a relatively short period of time selling insurance to truckers. Why do truckers buy from you?
- Do you have an industry specialty?
- Why trucking?
- What kind of coverages do you provide?
- Do you have a way about you that draws people in? Is it the Voice? Or is it the lively personality?
- How do you find most of your sales leads?
- What motivates you to do sales? Money? Recognition? The People?
- Are you happier now that you are doing sales?
- Where do you see yourself in this business in five years? The subject matter expert in trucking? The go-to person in trucking insurance?
- A successful insurance sales producer can make a lot of money – what are you going to do with it all? Cars, houses, vacations??
- I don’t see you as a typical insurance sales guy out on the golf course – what do you do in your spare time?
- Sales can be a grind. How do you recharge your batteries?
- Any advice for anyone out there in account management who is considering making the same transition to sales?